7.3.05

Is God a Pacifist?

Exploring the Meaning of Peace, Nonviolence, and Pacifism in a Post 9/11 World
by Carter Phipps


"Once you start using violence, there is no way back," the young peace protestor said to me, his eyes shining with conviction. "Bush is determined to drag us into war in Iraq, and we have to stop it."

"I'm not anxious to go to war either," I replied, but even as I said the words, I could hear the uncertainty in my voice. "I'm just not sure that peace is the answer..."

For the first time, I noticed the sign that the protestor was carrying. Scrawled with magic marker on white cardboard was the phrase: God is on the side of peace. "Do you really think God is on the side of peace?" I asked. "Well, let me put it this way," he said with a smile. "I'm quite sure that he's not on the side of war."

Read the entire article

Playing: Alison Brown Quartet - Out of the Blue - Mood Ring
technorati tags: + + +

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home